Shipping & Handling
Each order gets printed/fulfilled/shipped out in the order that it is received. As an average, most orders ship out in 3-5 business days. In some cases (and especially during peak seasons) orders may require up to 7 business days before they ship out. Because we want to get your items to you as quickly as possible, if your order contains multiple items, they may ship separately at no extra expense to you!
Estimated Processing Times
Watch Bands: 2-4 business days
Stickers: 2-4 business days
Phone Cases: 3-7 business days
Apparel: 5-7 business days
Mugs: 3-7 business days
Hats/Beanies: 5-7 business days
Estimated shipping delivery times:
Your order will be sent out on average within 3 days of ordering. Once the order is shipped, delivery times may take up to the following:
USA: 3-5 business days
Canada: 5-10 business days
World: 10-20 business days
Free Shipping for all orders over $50.
International shipments may incur customs fees. For each country the customs policy is different, and the fee is usually based on a variety of factors like weight, value, and size.
We do not take responsibility for customs fees.
Fun Cat Lame Cat does not have a working relationship with USPS or any other postal carrier. What does that mean? It means that just like you, we give our packages to postal carriers and trust/expect that package to get to its intended destination in a timely fashion. Unfortunately, this is also why we cannot guarantee that an order will arrive by/on a specific date.
If your package is marked as delivered but you are unable to locate it, here’s what we recommend:
- First check your shipping confirmation and check that you had entered the correct address. If the address was incorrect, though we’d be happy to send you another order to the correct address, it will have to be at your cost.
- Check with any other members of your household — parents/siblings/family members/roommates(s), etc and see if they may have potentially brought your package in and forgot to tell you. This is also pretty common!
- Check with your close neighbors — carriers occasionally leave packages at a next door neighbor’s house on accident.
- If you live in an apartment complex/community of some sort, check with your leasing office.
- Lastly, call and check in with your local post office. For various reasons, they will occasionally hold on to a package on site even though it is marked “delivered”.
If you have any additional questions, please get in touch with us at [email protected], making sure you quote your order number. We’ll see what can be done!